Knowledge is always helpful when facing the unknown territory of childbirth. These informative resources will help prepare you when you’re ready to learn more. All books, films and additional resources are available in the My Sunshine Birth Services Resource and lending library. Access is provided for free to all clients.” – Mary Duke LCCE
These websites can be utilized as resources for doing your own research.
http://birthwithoutfearblog.com/ is an excellent source for up to date evidence based information. Be sure to follow them on Social Media to keep up with the latest headlines.
http://www.improvingbirth.org/ This page has a evidence based care information for expecting moms, has a toolkit for those suffering from past trauma and information for those choosing a VBAC. They also have a yearly rally that you can get involved in.
http://www.ican-online.org/ Interested in having a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)? This is a great starting point.
http://www.who.int/en/ The World Health Organization (WHO) has tons of info. Just search keywords Pregnancy, Birth, Midwife, etc… to get their recommendations.
http://kellymom.com/ The only source you will ever need for breastfeeding questions.
These books are wonderful, informative resources filled with evidence based information.
- The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions By Penny Simkin
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth By Ina May Gaskin
- Pregnancy Childbirth and the Newborn By Penny Simkin
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
- Birth Matters by Ina May Gaskin
- Husband Coached Childbirth by Robert A Bradley
- Natural Hospital Birth: The Best of Both Worlds by Cynthia Gabriel
- The Birth Book by Dr. William Sears, MD
- The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by Diane Wiessinger
- Breastfeeding Made Simple by Nancy Mohrbacher
- Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
These films are be an ideal resource because you can watch them with your partner. I recommend viewing these together.
- The Business of Being Born Documentary
- More Business of Being Born Documentary
- Natural Born Babies Documentary
- MicroBirth Documentary